Sunday, June 24, 2012

Flag Day for the 167th A-100!



The flag I was handed on June 22, 2012 was that of India, which will be my first overseas assignment in the Foreign Service! I will be serving as a Consular Officer at the U.S. Consulate in Mumbai, India. Mad Scientist and I are over the moon!! The vast majority of my classmates are also thrilled about their post assignments, and so I would say our Flag Day was quite a success. Thank you, CDOs, for your hard work in assigning 93 junior officers to jobs all over the world and balancing our individual circumstances with the needs of the Service.

We leave in August, which means the next eight weeks will be rather crazy. It isn't easy to wrap up a life lived entirely in the DC area, with a huge family, a lifetime of friends, and work obligations all calling for proper attention before we leave. I will do my best, and ask everyone to forgive me and understand my situation. Between renting our house, sorting out two vehicles, figuring out financials, packing up all our belongings, obtaining our diplomatic passports, immunizations, etc. I feel utterly overwhelmed. Good thing I love a challenge :) More to come when I can breathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment